Agenda – Mentoring system facilitates the process of giving support and guidance to students/mentees. At the beginning of the academic year, all students are allotted a mentor, who is usually a teacher they meet often in the class or laboratory. Mentoring happens at individual as well as group level.
Mentoring provides information, guidance and encouragement to students, nurturing their aspirations. It involves the provision of career, social and emotional support to students. Mentoring focuses and motivates students toward achieving academic/career goals.
1. Icebreaking session between mentor and mentees.
2. Sessions for first year students to inform them about examination system, students’ mutual aid facility and general information about college.
3. Screening of the films
4. Sessions with Councillor on different topics such as Time management, Personality traits, Handling peer pressure, Note-making.
5. Session on Career guidance
6. Personal Councilling
7. Interaction with parents when essential.
8. Remedial teaching
9. Guest Lectures